janawarnell

Kendare Blake
Fire and Ash
Jonathan Maberry

Icefall

Icefall - Matthew J. Kirby 4 ice cream sandwiches (trying to think of a cold cookie...)Cover Love: It is eye catching but the whole book I felt it was misleading. This makes it look magical and really adventurous. By the end, though I felt it was just fine! Plus that can be any character and the cover screams boy book even though the main character is a girl. Bonus!Why I Wanted to Read This:After seeing everyone get copies at BEA last year it was on my radar. Then it was nominated for an Edgar award, so I knew I had to read it.I Kept Reading Because: I was caught up in the story!Romance?: A little, but not for Solveig.What I Liked (& Didn't):First of I didn't think I would like this near as much because it is set on foreign soil, not always my favorite setting. However, this one is set in the past which helped. I also didn't think I would like the "bottle" aspect, a small group of characters in an isolated, trapped setting. But I found I really liked this! I didn't want anyone else intruding.Read the rest of this review here on my blog.